Lisa Foley | Managing Director
Lisa holds the position of Managing Director at DA Family Lawyers. Lisa holds a Bachelor of Arts and a Bachelor of Laws with Honours from the Queensland University of Technology and has worked exclusively in family law and child protection law since her admission in 2006.
Lisa’s diverse experience includes:
- International family law
- Property Settlement
- De facto property settlement
- Child support
- Spousal Maintenance
- Domestic Violence Order proceedings
- Child Protection Proceedings
- Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal matters
- Financial agreements including prenuptial agreements
- Child Support Agreements
Lisa is experienced in appearing in the Federal Circuit Court of Australia, Family Court of Australia, the Childrens Court and Magistrates Courts.
Lisa has a special interest in international family law matters, including matters falling under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction. Lisa was actively involved in the well-publicised “Italian Sisters” international child abduction case.
Lisa is also a qualified collaborative law practitioner and believes in collaborative law and mediation as a successful alternative to litigation.
In 2016 Lisa presented a paper with barrister, Murray Green at the Family Law Residential entitled “The 1996 Hague Convention – What’s in its name”.
Lisa has been appointed to the board of the Family Law Practitioners Association for 2017.
Professional Background and Education
- Bachelor of Laws, Queensland University of Technology (Hons.)
- Bachelor of Arts
- Collaborative Practice
- Queensland Supreme Court, 2006
- High Court of Australia, 2006
- Queensland Law Society
- Family Law Practitioners’ Association of Queensland
- Child Protection Practitioners’ Association (Qld)
- Family Law Pathways Network
- Queensland Collaborative Law
- Family Law Council
Outside of work hours, Lisa is a gym instructor and enjoys spending time with her young family. Lisa thrives on juggling her working life with parenthood.