Long term supervision parenting orders
In a recent appeal about a long term supervision order about the time that three children spent with their father, Bertros & Bertros the Full Court of the Family Court of Australia upheld a final parenting order that provided for:
- Sole parental responsibility to the Mother.
- The children live with the Mother.
- The children spend supervised time with the Father every second month at a professional supervised contact centre.
- The Father can communicate with the children three times a year with letters and gifts.
- The Father is restrained from approaching the children, including at their school.
- Liberty to the Father to make a fresh application about the lifting of supervision if he undertook regular and consistent therapy with a child and family therapist for at least 2 years.
Read the full article on Deborah Awyzio’s LinkedIn.